UTS Australian Football Club is excited to announce the appointment of Kyle Emley as the head coach of the Men’s Premier Division team.
UTS AFC are thrilled to welcome Kyle to our club given Kyle’s experience as a player, coach and teacher, and his focus on development and wellbeing.
Kyle brings to the club a wealth of experience as a player and coach, as a former VFL Player with Box Hill Hawks and Northern Blues, as well as a Vice Captain of Vermont in the Eastern Football League, Playing Senior Assistant for Collegians in the VAFA.
A Level 2 Accredited AFL Coach, Kyle moves to Sydney from Melbourne having most recently been Head Coach of Heathmont FC in the Eastern Football League for the past two seasons.
Kyle’s playing and coaching history includes:
- 2008/09 & 2014 – Box Hill Hawks / Northern Blues (VFL)
- 2009 – 2016 Vermont Football Club (EFL Premier Division) Vice Captain – 3 Grand Finals
- 2017/18 – Collegians Football Club (VAFA Premier Division) Senior Assistant Coach – 2 Grand Finals
- 2019/20 – Heathmont Football Club (EFL Division 2) Senior Coach – Finals
- 2012-2015 – Caulfield Grammar School Football Program Development Coach
- 2016 – Carey Baptist Grammar School Football Program Development Coach
- 2017/18 – Wesley College Head of Girls Football
Kyle has a coaching philosophy premised on honesty, mentoring and youth development.
Supporting the Premier Division will be newly appointed Premier Division Reserves Coach Tate Putnins who has been a player with the Club for the past four seasons.
Club Football Director and Vice President Sam Chadwick acknowledged that “Kyle is exactly the type of person we want to lead the football club and the playing group to drive a professional, successful and enjoyable culture as we embark on the vision to deliver sustainable success at Premier Division level.
“Kyle has proven experience as a coach, teacher, mentor and player. Kyle made a significant impression on the Club when playing the final game of last season under a C19 Permit, bringing great energy and a modern coaching philosophy.
“We look forward to supporting Kyle with the Club’s increased investment into the football program including the experience of Dean Lee, the Club’s GM of Football, and the elite Strength & Conditioning Program run by UTS Sport which will be the envy of all other clubs.”
“I can’t wait to work with the playing group to lead this club in its quest to return to being a force in the Sydney AFL Premier division,” Kyle said.
“As a coach I have a focus on developing players to be reach their full potential, no matter their age or ability. I have coached players who have gone on to be top 10 AFL draft picks, experienced VFL and SANFL players, and I look forward to working with all players to bring enjoyment and success, on and off the field, back to UTS.”
This appointment follows recent announcements enhancing the Club’s football program including:
- The establishment of an elite Strength and Conditioning Program for Men’s Premier Division, Women’s Premier Division and U19s squads at the state of the art UTS Sports Science facilities at Moore Park and Ultimo run by UTS Sport including a full time Strength and Conditioning Coach.
- The appointment of newly created a General Manager of Football, Dean Lee.
- The appointment of all Coaches to the Women’s Football Program including Miguel Limson as Head Coach and Kellie Nolan as Women’s Development Coach and Geoff Roach as Coach of the Third Women’s Team; and
- The appointment of U19s Division 1 Head Coach Tom Gosper, current Premier Division Player and ex Brisbane Lions NEAFL Player, and Assistant Coach John Crothers, Moore Park Tigers U17s Head Coach in 2020.