UTS Australian Football Club (UTS AFC) announce the signing of Miguel Limson as the coach of the Women’s Premier Division team and Kel Nolan as the Women’s Development Coach.
UTS AFC are thrilled to welcome Miguel to our club and believe that the success Miguel has had as a coach, which includes two Premierships and multiple individual awards, will see UTS AFC quickly climb the ladder to success across the entire women’s program.
Miguel said “I look forward to working with the wonderful players at UTS AFC and instilling confidence in a game plan that will take us to a premiership. We will play a fast attacking style that will be the envy of all other clubs”
Some of Miguel’s most recent achievements are:
- Head Women’s Coach Parramatta Goannas 2018-2020
- Coach, 2020 Women’s Division 1 Premiers
- Coach, 2018 Women’s Division 2 Premiers
- Assistant Coach AFL World Team XVIII – 2019
- Assistant Coach Western Sydney Academy of Sports Girls Under 16s/18s – 2017-2018
- Jesaulenko Internship with GWS Giants – 2019
- Multicultural Harmony Award – 2018
Miguel will join Kel Nolan, who has accepted the role of Women’s Development Coach, she will also coach our Women’s Reserves team.
The Women’s Development Coach role will span all levels and recognises the importance of player pathways in creating a strong club.
The role will take someone with a deep knowledge of football, vision and planning to grow and develop women and girls of all different levels and skillsets. Kel is a Club life member and accredited AFL Level 2 Coach. Her achievements include:
- Head Women’s Coach, UTS AFC 2018-2020
- UTS AFC Club Life Member
- Maroubra Saints Coach, Juniors and Youth Girls, 2013-2020 and Current U16YG Division 1 Coach
- Coach, U13 Boys Talent Player Program, 2010
- Sydney University Women’s Coach, 2008-2009
- AFL Sydney Division 1 Premiership Player, 2016
- NSW AFL State Team, 2001-2004
- Over 200 games played in Sydney AFL, 137 with UTSAFC
Kel’s years’ of experience as both a player and a coach, and long history with the club perfectly place her to fill this role, ensuring that UTSAFC will have the depth to be competitive at all levels for years to come.
Kel said “I am looking forward to focusing on player development across all three grades as well as looking to increase the skill level of the Women’s Prems Reserves to take them to the next level, and working with the players fighting for Prems selection.”
In more exciting news, UTSAFC is well on the way to fielding a third senior women’s team in 2021 in the AFL Sydney competition, and are glad to welcome back Geoffrey Roach for another year at the club to coach.
Geoff has been a stalwart at the club for many years and has famously agreed to do a backflip for the team should they win the Premiership. We know that this promise is sure to motivate the team for the season 2021.
We look forward to seeing Miguel, Kel, Geoff and all players at Bat & Ball Oval for our first pre-season training session, beginning 6.30pm, Monday 9th November. You can help support women’s football development at UTSAFC by donating! Just click here.